We do passport photos here at Spectracolor.
US Passport, Visa, Citizenship, INS US Neutralization (Green Card).
We also do variety odd sizes for following countries and purposes:
- Canada / Canadian Passport, visa, citizenship photos,
- UK / United Kingdom, Germany, Brazil, Mexico
- Asian countries such as China / Chinese, Japan / Japanese, Korea / Korean
- Bus Pass, Soccer Team Photos, credencial
US Passport Photo Requirements:
- 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size
- Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (between 25 and 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis:
- Uniforms should not be worn in your photo, except religious clothing that is worn daily.
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline, unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device or similar articles, they may be worn for your photo.
- Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be required)
- Glare on glasses is not acceptable in your photo. Glare can be avoided with a slight downward tilt of the glasses or by removing the glasses or by turning off the camera flash.
(*information from US http://travel.state.gov site)
Canadian Passport Photo Requirements:
You must submit two (2) identical photos with each passport application.
Your photos must be:
- taken by a commercial photographer.
- 50 mm wide X 70 mm high (2 inches wide X 2 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm (1 1/4 inches) and 36 mm (1 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head).
- clear, sharp and in focus. Photos may be in color or in black and white.
- taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling).
- taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections.
- taken straight on, with face and shoulders centered and squared to the camera.
- taken in front of a plain white or light-colored background with a clear difference between your face and the background. Photos must reflect/represent natural skin tones.
- original photos that are not altered in any way or taken from an existing photo.
- reflect your current appearance (taken within the last 12 months).
- professionally printed on plain, high quality photographic paper (photos printed at home and photos printed on heavy weight paper are not acceptable).
The following must be included on the back of one photo:
- the name and complete address of the photo studio and the date the photo was taken. The photographer may use a stamp or hand write this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.
- your guarantor clearly write: “I certify this to be a true likeness of (applicant’s name)” and sign his or her name (unless you are applying to renew a passport, as no guarantor is necessary for renewals).
- Glasses, including tinted prescription glasses, may be worn in photos as long as the eyes are clearly visible and there is no glare in the glasses. Sunglasses or photos where there is the red-eye effect are unacceptable.
- Hats and head coverings must not be worn, unless it is worn daily for religious beliefs or medical reasons. However, your full face must be clearly visible and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Your hair can be down.
- Shadows are not acceptable. Lighting must be uniform to avoid shadows across the face or shoulders, around the ears or in the background.
- Child photos must follow the same rules indicated above.
- Photos must show the child’s head and shoulders only. Parent’s or child’s hands must not appear in the photo.
- Passport Canada recognizes the difficulty in obtaining a neutral expression of a newborn and will allow for some tolerance in this regard.
- For newborn babies, the photo may be taken while the child is sitting in a car seat, as long as a white blanket is placed over the seat behind the child’s head. There must be no shadows on the face or shoulders, around the ears or in the background.
- If applying for a one-time replacement passport for a child, you must include a photo that has been taken within one month of the date the application is submitted.
(*information from http://www.ppt.gc.ca/info/photos.aspx?lang=eng site)
If you have any questions, please contact us at 805-581-0722 and ask for Mark or send us email using the contact form below.
If you wish to send us a file to print or for us to look at, please email it to email@example.com
Check us out on Yelp
Check us out on Google
2784 Cochran St.
Simi Valley, CA 93065
We're on Sycamore & Cochran by Chase Bank. (Between Cronies & Jersey Mike's)